About Debi Corrie
Debi has been a financial professional for over 30 years. She specializes in helping businesses develop key operating metrics, strategic planning, financial planning and budgets. She is able to provide a robust financial footing to any organization.
Her experience across multiple industries ensures that she has a comprehensive understanding of many of the challenges that growing businesses face in their day to day operations. Debi’s business sector experience includes:
- Wholesale distributors
- Soy Food ingredients
- Hospitality Industry
- Commercial Construction
- Commercial Design Services
- Retail Internet Sales
- Technical Service Contractors
- Engineering Design and Consulting
- Service Industries
- Government Agencies
Debi has set up over 13 new branch offices in the US and one international office in Macedonia. She has been on the acquisition transfer team for 6 companies. Her international experience includes offices in Ireland, Germany, Macedonia, and Hong Kong. She has worked for companies from $6 million to $1 billion in sales.
She has optimized profitability of businesses by developing key business metrics, internal control programs, managing banking relationships, analyzing business risk, and implementing process improvement programs. She has leveraged these programs to improve cash flow and business profitability. She has successfully led the implementation on an ERP system, company physical inventories, inventory valuations, and cost accounting initiatives.
She has developed financial reporting packages for companies that have never had financials and converted companies from a cash to accrual basis. She is experience with company valuations, ESOP company administration, and banking lines of credit.
Debi’s key strengths that make her an asset to any company team are:
- Strategic planning and project implementation
- Process improvement leading to enhance profitability
- Improved cash flow by identifying and improving cash impediments
- Financial analysis for informed business decisions
Debi’s diverse back office experience includes finance, accounting, legal, human resources, employee benefits, IT, and logistics. She has managed teams as large as 120 employees and knew each employee by name. She is an avid listener, team builder and coach. She has an extensive network of bankers, lawyers, accounting firms, and insurance companies.
She received her Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with a major in accounting from the University of St Louis while working full time. She has served on local non-profit boards. She served president and treasurer on the board of the Junior Service Club of Collinsville. She is currently a board member and treasurer of the non-profit Books 4 Kids.
- University of Missouri – St Louis
Certificates & Licenses:
- CPA – Certified Public Accountant
- CGMA – Certified Global Management Accountant
- AICPA – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- NAPT – National Association of Tax Professionals
Articles by Debi Corrie
- Why Paying Taxes is Good
- Health Benefits – How CFO’s Can Help
- The Key to KPI’s
- Productivity and Sales Per Employee
- The Other Cyber Crime
- Increasing Profitability
- How Much Inventory Do I Need?
- How Can I Keep My Cash – Part Two
- How Can I Get Paid Faster – Part One
- B2B CFO Extends Leadership Position in Mid-Market Business Transitions